Greetings and welcome to our Kid Wishes 2013-14 Project where we link Life Skills Special Needs Classrooms with Mainstream Classrooms for a Holiday Card and New Years Wish for the World Exchange. Our hope is by partnering students across the continent for a cultural exchange, we can begin a dialogue of personal perspectives for global positive impact. We would love for your classrooms to participate for our quick turnaround adventure, make new friends, and share what wishes your students have for 2014.
Come join us!
Come join us!
Twitter Hashtag- #kidwish
Who Is Invited
- K-12 Life Skills, Mainstream, Special Education, and Regular Education classrooms in North America
What to Expect
- Classrooms will be partnered up for 1:1 exchange - 1 Life Skills Classroom with 1 Mainstream Classroom
- Each class creates handmade bright and festive holiday greeting cards for the partner classroom (every student should receive a personalized card). Students may send New Year, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa greeting cards or cards that show local celebrations during December or January.
- Inside of the cards, students will write their wishes for 2014
- Classes postal mail their cards to partner classrooms no later than December 13 (teachers are responsible for postage fees)
- Partner Classrooms will Skype or Google Hangout once the cards have arrived to greet one another and discuss wishes for 2014.
- Submit Google Presentation, PowerPoint, or Multimedia of choice with photos and/or drawings of student experiences through the project we can publish on our website. (Disclaimer - please follow your district Acceptable Use Policy for images of students)
- Register by Friday December 6 - Fill out the form here on our Weebly Page
- December 9 - Receive your partner classroom assignment and schedule Skype/Google Hangout Call
- December 13 - Last Day to mail off greeting cards
- Week of December 16-20 Host Skype/Google Hangout Calls
- Build friendships across the continent
- Practice Speaking and Listening Skills with audiences of different perspectives
Join us as we try to connect classrooms!
Project Managers - Who Are We?
We are four longtime friends and nerdy teachers across the states who have a passion for creating dynamic experiences for students. Follow us on Twitter and be sure to use the project hashtag #kidwish.
I'm a Curriculum Support Coach in Newfoundland, PA with a background in Problem/Project Based Learning, educational technology, and conceptual mathematics. @MSoskil
I'm an Instructional Technology Coach who comes from MS Language Arts in Andover, KS and the 2013 Kansas Teacher of the Year. @Mrs_Smoke
I am a Instructional Technology Specialist (but will always be a special education teacher)
Irving, TX @akbusybee
I am an Instructional Technology Specialist in El Paso, TX. I have a background teaching core subject areas in elementary and integrating technology. @kbalbier